With the levels of insecurity threatening to rise up the Inspector General of Police’s office has come out with a number of security tips for the public.
These are aimed at thwarting avoidable crimes.
1) Don’t allow your children who can’t recognise voice, to open doors for strangers/visitors.
2) Recognise the voice of the visitors/strangers before you open your doors.
(3) Lock up all your doors, when you are indoors, especially evening time.
(4) Switch off all your electric gadgets, before going out, even when there is no power supply from ECG.
(5) Check all your cooking materials, before you go out.
(6) Stay away from any strange man, who looks like a pregnant woman, he may be carrying harmful products.
(7) Lock up your cars, even when you packed them in your compound.
(8) Protect your cars and motorcycles keys from being duplicated by suspected criminals.
(9) Protect your sim cards, from being stolen by suspected criminals, else they can use it for ransome negotiation.
(10) Buy Fire extinguishers for your cars and houses.
(11)Tell the teachers of your children not to release them to anybody, except on your request with evidence from you.
(12) Don’t allow strange people to sleep in your house, direct them to the nearest Police station, National Security and Ministry of Defence.
(13) Don’t send your ATM, pin to anybody on any account.
(14) Don’t pay for any car or Goods online, if you are not sure of the source.
(15) Don’t allow little children to go to school , mosque or Church alone.
(16) Don’t travel without informing anybody.
(17) Report all suspected criminals to the Police, Armed Forces, National Security and Ministry of Defence .
- Lock Your Doors when you are Watching MOVIE or Your Favorite TV Shows.
- While Watching ur Favorite TV SHOW using a Generator and it Suddenly goes Off, Don’t Rush Out immediately to Open your Door.
It may be Armed